Welcome to the "Urban Plant & Garden Deck" by L.A.Deck: Here you will find images of plants in my small patio garden and in my home, along with tips on successes and failures of their care. You will also find notes and essays on the symbolism of plants and their links to history. I am inspired by farmers in my family, including my maternal grandmother Olive who has lived, worked, loved & raised children, animals & plants, in the beautiful Vermont countryside her entire life. Plants have been tended to at every home I have had and continue to nurture me with better air quality, and a sense of connection to natural elements, even now while I reside in the vastly populated urban setting of Los Angeles. This is my way to honor the roots that help keep me connected to my ideals, dreams & loves.

Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Aqua globes...rockin' the soil of house plants



These magical little glass watering bulbs really do seem to work wonders. I tried them on the recommendation of Olive, my grandmother who has farmed and lived in Vermont her whole life. She is also an avid indoor gardener and isn't one to fall for telecommercials, but she swears by these things as of late and has one in each of her twenty-plus indoor plants.

Check them out here:
https://www.asseenontv.com/offers_on_demand/aqu_glbs__ood_ontv.html

1 comment:

  1. I had a dream last night that I was riding in a car over country roads and saw that these blue watering globes where placed all over fields of flowers and trees. Some of them were 4 or 5 feet tall and coming up out of the soil next to plants, shrubs and trees. It was beautiful and peaceful.

    ReplyDelete